My old friend, Albert Einstein

Years ago, I bought a postcard of Albert Einstein, and it has lived on my various walls ever since. I don't know how it has remained such a part of my days, but somehow it always manages to survive each move and make it intact to the next place, and the next, and the next...


Apparently, it was his response to a photographer's request for a smile and it makes me laugh and is a reminder not to take myself too seriously...


Inspiration is one of those mysterious and exciting things that defies explanation and can be found in the most unusual places. Like a postcard.

Anyway, as of this morning Albert has a new home...


He now sits amongst my newer postcard acquisitions, photos of my nieces and nephews, and my (highly distracting) outlook over the pool and the river.


Welcome, Albert.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Einstein was a surfer

I hate Noosa Heads and Surfing*

Laura Crane has skin in the game: a surf story in five parts*