Melissa Combo

A lot of the female longboarders you see featured in DVDs and images, surf in ways that are delicate, technical and light. It's very pretty to watch and as surfers, they are highly skilled. 

But the women I like to watch are strong, focused and critical in their surfing. There's something earthy about their style. I don't really know how to describe it. It's no less log-gy, it's just, strong.

Melissa Combo is one such surfer. I'm always stoked when she's in the water.
She's amazing, really. 

Comments

  1. Anonymous3:47 PM

    Definitely the best logger in the area.......shame she gets zero coverage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kelped10:27 AM

    Loved this post. I did a quick check on Vimeo and YouTube but didn't find anything. Love to hear if there's any footage someplace of her surfing. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey kelped, Hmmm. I'll have to look into that, won't I! I'll see what I can do over summer...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Einstein was a surfer

I hate Noosa Heads and Surfing*

Laura Crane has skin in the game: a surf story in five parts*