Molto Vivace

If I could choose one song to explain my life right now, it would be this - the second movement of Beethoven's very famous and recognisable Symphony No. 9 in D Minor, which is played molto vivace (very lively). From about 9:40, shit gets so real and so, so awesome.



According to the Wikipedia site about this piece:
Normally, scherzi are written in triple time. Beethoven wrote this piece in triple time, but it is punctuated in a way that, when coupled with the speed of the metre, makes it sound as though it is in quadruple time.
Yep. Sounds about right...

I highly recommend you play this some time today, and play it loud. And, if you know me at all, laugh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Einstein was a surfer

I hate Noosa Heads and Surfing*

Laura Crane has skin in the game: a surf story in five parts*